|Gallery||The Mall||Member Directory||MHA News||Bookstore||Library||Links|
Heater Mason Education & Development Program
The MHA's Education committee unveiled a new education program at the annual business meeting. Aside from helping to fulfill the MHA's mission statement, the following objectives were identified:
- to provide an education program that starts with basic information and skills training, before progressing in a logical order of delivery
- to establish a standard curriculum that can be delivered wherever appropriate facilities are available
- to provide additional opportunities for certified members to acquire CEUs, other than at site-built heater locations
- to expose potential new members to the masonry heater field in a local facility, rather than just the AGM
- to take the pressure off the AGM organizers to provide a full scope of heater information during scheduled workshops
- to promote safe building practices amongst everyone interested in masonry heaters
Using the above statements as a guide, the education committee has developed a curriculum and appointed Jerry Frisch as the lead instructor. Even though the curriculum will undergo changes from time to time, here is a link to the initial curiculum of Level 1, modules 1 & 2.
The HMED Program. Level 1, Modules 1 & 2 will be presented at the following location and date:
- Nov. 04 - 07 in Shutesbury, Massachusetts
More locations to be announced for the 2012 season.
For more information, please contact the MHA office.
This page was last updated on May 3, 2011
This page was created on May 3, 2011